Hey,

On 01/08/2014 03:30 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:

But to be serious why not stick with 2.x if there's no compelling reason
to move?  Whatever happened to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

That's fine for static applications that don't have to change.

Successful applications tend to grow new features over the years. It's not fun to do so if new capabilities are growing out of reach in Python 3 land.

It's possible if enough features exist in Python 3 land bosses of successful applications will fund a port, with all the risks of introducing bugs that this entails. But a smoother upgrade path would help those applications more. And as I pointed out before, these applications are where a lot of money and development resources are coming from in our community.

Of course it's possible my assessment of the importance of these applications, their development resources, and the bump a Python 3 port presents for them, is off.

Regards,

Martijn