On 08/02/2014 10:11, cstrutto...@gmail.com wrote:
On Saturday, February 8, 2014 3:13:54 AM UTC-5, Asaf Las wrote:

note, due to strings are immutable - for every line in sum operation

above you produce new object and throw out older one. you can write

one string spanned at multiple lines in very clear form.

/Asaf

I think I going to rewrite this to build up a list of strings and then run a
join on them at the end.  Each section can be conditionally built up with
variable insertions as required.  This should be more efficient and will scale
nicely as required.

An alternative is to use io.Stringio which is available in Python 2.7 and 3.x.

Also would you please read and action this https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython to prevent us seeing the double line spacing above, thanks.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.