Hello,

I'm sure this is a common question but I can't seem to find a previous thread
that addresses it.   If one one exists, please point me to it.

I've been developing with python recreationally for a while on Ubuntu but will
soon be transitioning to full-time python development.  I have the option of
using a Mac or Ubuntu environment and I'd like to hear any thoughts on the pros
and cons of each. Specifically, how's the support for numpy and scipy?  How are
the IDEs?

Since I generally like working with a Mac, I'd like to hear if there are any
significant downsides to python dev on OsX.

Thanks