On 2014-02-26 04:30, Ganesh Pal wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Peter
Otten <__pete...@web.de> wrote:

As you are just starting I recommend that you use argparse instead of
 optparse.

 I would love to use argparse but  the script that I plan to write
has to run on host machines that Python 2.6

 I have freebsd clients  with python  2.6  dont want to install
python new version on all the host machine which will be eventually
upgraded to 2.7 .

I wanted know if I could use argparse with python 2.6 and is it
possible to add  something like   #pkg_add -r install
python-argparse and install python argparse module before I use it.

They must be running an older version of FreeBSD since the default version of python is 2.7.

There is a FreeBSD package for argparse, the command would be something like
   pkg_add -r install py26-argparse

Rod