On 04/03/2014 13:30, BartC wrote:

But declaring variables is not just about specifying a type; it registers
the name too so that misspelled names can be picked up very early rather
than at runtime (and that's if you're lucky).

I've said before that this, to me, is one of the major downsides of dynamic typing. Once a statically typed language has been compiled the programmer can head down to the pub. The programmer using dynamically typed languages has to hang around doing long, boring, tedious testing. Unless they're using an IDE like Pydev and have Pylint turned on so it picks up errors as they type, in which case they can also head down to the pub.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.