Hi.

On 17.3.2014. 18:18, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
All in all, though, gc.get_objects() is an expensive function call (it
will walk the entire graph of objects tracked by the GC, which can be very
large in non-trivial applications), so it's really only useful for
debugging (and, I'd add, for low-level debugging). In most situations,
gc.get_objects() is certainly the wrong tool to use.

I agree, and for the record, we were using it for debugging when I started this thread - trying to track down a memory leak. :-)

gc.get_objects() turned out to be of great help with in resolving the issue - in the end we tracked it down to a typical reference counting problem in a Python extension DLL. *doh*

  Best regards,
    Jurko Gospodnetić