On 31/03/2014 05:57, Mark H Harris wrote:
On 3/30/14 5:35 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

Approximately 5% of the US population either do not speak English at all,
or speak it poorly. That includes approximately half a million ASL
speakers (American Sign Language, which is not a manual representation of
English but an independent language in it's own right), the majority of
whom are unable to speak or understand spoken English.

Steven, you have trolled us over to the left edge of outer left field
all the way back at the fence, dude, seriously--- and then you dropped
the ball. Geeeze... error.

Is it safe to assume that's a reference from a sport that essentially only gets played in the USA so you have a World Series?

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.