On 02/04/2014 15:53, Lucas Malor wrote:
Hi all. I would proposeto you all a switch-case syntax for Python. I already
read PEP 3103 and I'm not completely satisfied by any of the proposed
solutions. This is my proposal:

switch_stmt ::=  "switch" identifier "case" expression_list ":" suite
     ("case" expression_list ":" suite)*
     ["else" ":" suite]

or, more simply:

switch x case var1:
case var2:
case var3:
else:

Please don't take this personally, but there's more chance of me being the first ever World President than of anybody getting a switch/case statement past the BDFL.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.