On 4/15/14 3:54 PM, Mark H Harris wrote:
On 4/15/14 2:37 PM, Novocastrian_Nomad wrote:
On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:32:14 PM UTC-6, Mark H. Harris wrote:

Can you site the announcement?

Thanks

http://hg.python.org/peps/rev/76d43e52d978?utm_content=buffer55d59&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Thanks, guys.

I am noticing the call to 2.8 from time to time (blogs). All along I
have been seeing the reluctance to migrate to 3.x as either stubborn or
lazy; or both.

I don't think so any longer. Seems like the reluctance to migrate stems
from dependencies. Is there a list of primary dependencies ?

As an example:  Is 'twisted' a dependency? ie., twisted does not support
3.x consequently 'I' can't port my stuff to 3.x because 'twisted' isn't
there yer.  There are others, gevent, maybe. Has anyone taken an
inventory of dependencies that must support 3.x before other code(s) can
be ported?  Maybe there could be an on-line questionnaire regarding
perceived dependencies?

The Python Wall-Of-Shame/Wall-Of-Superpowers shows popular packages, and their Python 3 status: http://python3wos.appspot.com/

marcus