On 19/04/2014 14:06, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

On 4/19/2014 12:04 AM, Ryan Hiebert wrote:
If you are starting a new project, I'd highly encourage you to use
Python 3. It is a stable, well supported, and beautiful language, and
gives you the full power of the innovation that is current in the
Python world. Python 2 is still well supported (for a while to come),
but you won't have the same access to new features and ideas that you
would on Python 3.

The only reason that I'd still be on Python 2 is if I absolutely had
to use a library that for some reason is not yet working on Python 3.
Even then, I'd work hard to try and write it in Python 3 style Python
2, because I'd want to be on Python 3 as soon as possible.

The Python extensions to NaturallySpeaking are combination of C++ for a
COM interface and Python for grammar management.
http://qh.antenna.nl/unimacro/implementation_and_acceptance_of_natlink.pdf

How hard is it to convert from C++ extensions for 2.x to 3.x? are there
any tools to help with the process?

Thanks for any insights.

--- eric

https://docs.python.org/3/howto/cporting.html

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.