On 2014-05-21 01:40, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Sun, 18 May 2014 14:09:43 -0400, "Bill Cunningham"
<nospam@nspam.invalid> declaimed the following:

    linear algebra, expanding and factoring equations of all degrees.
Geometry.

        Without significant add-in libraries, probably not...

        "Expanding and factoring equations" -- to me -- implies /symbolic
algebra systems/.

        Python can compute results of equations, but it won't, natively,
reformulate equations.

        Linear algebra tends to turn into matrix manipulation, as I recall...
Again, not a native feature.

But all easily available with well-established open source packages. Just because it's not in the standard library doesn't mean that Python isn't a suitable language for doing this stuff.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco