On 10/06/2014 21:43, Ethan Furman wrote:
On 06/10/2014 01:38 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
 Chris Angelico wrote:
#
Yeah. As soon as you take on board a hard-and-fast rule, you open
yourself up to stupid cases where the rule ought to have been broken.
I don't know a single piece of programming advice which, if taken as
an inviolate rule, doesn't at some point cause suboptimal code.

How about, "Don't use PHP"?

Sounds like the exception that proves the rule!  ;)

--
~Ethan~

After that one please consider yourself fortunate that the UK, amongst other countries, no longer has the death penalty. I guess that The Comfy Chair will have to suffice :)

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.