On 07/09/2014 02:09 PM, Anders J. Munch wrote:
Ethan Furman:

I would suggest you ask for this on the numerical mailing lists instead of here
-- and you may not want to offer a
beer to everyone that has an anecdote for NaN behavior being useful.

I don't have time to start this discussion over again on another mailing list.
Don't anyone on those lists read
python-list also?

I believe there are a handful, but I don't know how active they are here. For a straight-up numbers type question, especially about NaN and who's using it to what effect, a numbers or scientific mailing list is really the way to go.

--
~Ethan~