On 04/08/2014 07:30, Bob Martin wrote:
in 726123 20140803 090919 Steven D'Aprano
<steve+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info> wrote:
Steve Hayes wrote:

I've got too big an investment in books on Python 2, and there are no
books available on Python 3 (I don't regard downloadable PDFs or other
onlines stuff as "books").

I love Python 3, it's way better than Python 2, and there's less and less
reason to stick to Python 2 now. You really should learn Python 3, you
won't be sorry.

But, if you choose not to, there's nothing to be ashamed of. Python 2.7 has
got at least six years of life left in it, and when you're done with it,
migrating to Python 3 isn't like learning a new language. It's more like
the difference between American and British English.

With American English being 2.7 ??
Sorry, but someone had to ask  :-)

American English is Python 4 :)

The original English is Python 0.1.