On 2014-08-16 00:48:46 +0000, Roy Smith said:

In article <lsm8ic$j90$1...@online.de>,
 Philipp Kraus <philipp.kr...@flashpixx.de> wrote:

found = re.search( "<a
href=\"/projects/boost/files/latest/download\?source=files\"
title=\"/boost/(.*)",
Utilities.URLReader("http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/";)
)
if found == None :
        raise MyError.StopError("Boost Download URL not found")

But found is always None, so I cannot get the correct match. I didn't
find the error in my code.

I would start by breaking this down into pieces.  Something like:

data = Utilities.URLReader("http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/";)
)
print data
found = re.search( "<a
href=\"/projects/boost/files/latest/download\?source=files\"
title=\"/boost/(.*)",
data)
if found == None :
raise MyError.StopError("Boost Download URL not found")

Now at least you get to look at what URLReader() returned.  Did it
return what you expected?  If not, then there might be something wrong
in your URLReader() function.

I have check the result of the (sorry, I forgot this information on my first post). The URLReader
returns the HTML code of the URL, so this seems to work correctly

 If it is what you expected, then I would
start looking at the pattern to see if it's correct.  Either way, you've
managed to halve the size of the problem.

The code works till last week correctly, I don't change the pattern. My question is, can it be a problem with string encoding? Did I mask the question mark and quotes correctly?

Phil