On 28/08/2014 09:30, peter wrote:
I used to struggle with the concept of ''.join(('hello ','world')) - it seemed
so convoluted compared with the intuitive 'hello '+'world', and I could never
remember the syntax.  Also, for the strings I was generally using the
performance penalty was infinitesimal, so I was just adding complexity for the
sake of the abstract concept of a more 'pythonic' style.

Obviously this isn't going to change, but for concatenating short strings a and
b is there any practical reason to avoid a+b?

Peter

Please quote context, there's some smart people on this list but none of them are mind readers :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence