Hi,

I am learning to use unittest with python and walkthrough with this example
http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-1-unittest.html

so my test script is like this:
import json
import urllib
#import time
#from util import *
import httplib
#import sys
#from scapy.all import *
import unittest

import os, sys, socket, struct, select, time
from threading import Thread

import logging
import traceback

class testFirewall( unittest.TestCase ):
        def setUp(self):
                """

                set up data used in the tests.

                setUp is called before each test function execution.

                """

                self.controllerIp="127.0.0.1"
                self.switches = ["00:00:00:00:00:00:00:01"]
                self.startTime_ = time.time()
                self.failed = False
                self.reportStatus_ = True
                self.name_ = "Firewall"
                self.log = logging.getLogger("unittest")

        def tearDown(self):
                if self.failed:
                        return
                duration = time.time() - self.startTime_
                self.cleanup(True)
                if self.reportStatus_:
                        self.log.info("=== Test %s completed normally (%d
sec)", self.name_, duration

        def cleanup(self, success):
                sys.excepthook = sys.__excepthook__
                try:
                        return
                except NameError:
                        self.log.error("Exception hit during cleanup,
bypassing:\n%s\n\n" % traceback.format_exc())
                        pass
                else:

                        fail("Expected a NameError")

        def testStatusFirewall(self):
                command = "http://%s:8080/wm/firewall/module/status/json"; %
self.controllerIp
                x = urllib.urlopen(command).read()
                parsedResult = json.loads(x)
                return parsedResult['result']

        def suite():

                suite = unittest.TestSuite()

                suite.addTest(unittest.makeSuite(testFirewall))

                return suite

if __name__ == '__main__':
        logging.basicConfig(filename='/tmp/testfirewall.log',
level=logging.DEBUG,
                    format='%(asctime)s %(levelname)s %(name)s %(message)s')
        logger=logging.getLogger(__name__)

        suiteFew = unittest.TestSuite()

        suiteFew.addTest(testFirewall("testStatusFirewall"))

        unittest.TextTestRunner(verbosity=2).run(suiteFew)

        #unittest.main()

        #unittest.TextTestRunner(verbosity=2).run(suite())

while running it in console using python <FileName>.py

It gives me errror

File "TestTest.py", line 44
    def cleanup(self, success):
      ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I guess it is due to time module but as you can see I already had import time.

what can be the reason if I comment those line containing the time it works.

But i need to keep track of duration

Please help and suggest.

Thanks,
Milson