On 09/23/2014 09:32 AM, Rob Gaddi wrote:
On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:34:19 -0700 (PDT) Miki Tebeka wrote:

Before I start writing my own. Is there something like collections.Counter (fore
frequencies) that does "fuzzy" matching?

Meaning x is considered equal to y if abs(x - y) < epsilon. (x, y and my case
will be numpy.array).

You'll probably have to write that yourself.  While you're at it, think
long and hard about that definition of fuzziness.  If you can make it
closer to the concept of histogram "bins" you'll get much better
performance.

You might want to take a look at the reference implementation for PEP 455 [1]. If you can decide on a method to transform your keys (such as taking the floor, or the half, or something like that), then that should work as is.

--
~Ethan~

[1] http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0455/