On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsdu...@gmx.de> wrote:

>>> The solution is to fix your internal audit.
>>
>> +1
>
> You two have obviously never worked at a large corporation or you would
> both realize how tremendously naive and unhelpful this "solution" is.

Unhelpful? Perhaps, perhaps not. I would, however, distinguish between
the two parts of my original response as follows:

1) The *solution* is to fix the audit process.

2) But here's one of several *work-arounds*.

It may well be impossible to truly solve the problem, and I'm aware of
that. But sometimes you need to point out that a pyc-only distribution
is still distributing something very VERY close to the source code,
and therefore it's nigh useless to talk of not distributing Python
source.

ChrisA