On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My advice is to avoid time zones, they're a real pain, seriously.
>
> What say we send an application to the UN to declare the world flat?

Easier to simply start scheduling things in UTC. I run an
international Dungeons & Dragons campaign with sessions every Sunday
at 02:00 UTC, and nobody needs to be confused by time zones. (The
server displays UTC time, so it's easy for anyone to see; for
instance, it's now Mon 02:48:09, so session time was about this time
yesterday.) Civil time can do whatever it likes, just as long as
everyone knows that the meeting is based on UTC.

ChrisA