On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Cyd Haselton <chasel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> If I have a problem with building Python on an Android device, would
>> this be the list to post it to, or should I post it to python-help or
>> python-dev?
>
> Hi!
>
> Start here. If we can't help, python-dev might be the next place to
> ask, but this is the best first option.
>
> ChrisA
> --

Thanks!

I'm building Python v2.7.8 on my Android device in a fakechroot
environment with GCC 4.8.0 and make fails with the following error

Could not import runpy module

Running the Makefile command (minus the LD_LIBRARY_PATH prepend)
produces the same error, but running the same command minus the -S
returns a
File "..Lib/os.py", line 117, in <module>
raise ImportError, 'no os specific module found'

I've configured with
./configure --prefix=/usr/python --build=arm-linux-androideabi
--host=arm-linux-androideabi --target=arm-linux-androideabi
--enable-shared
and
./configure --prefix=/usr/python
with the same results.

The two post-configure makefile edits I've added are:
LDFLAGS=    -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined
which allows make to continue past an 'undefined reference to sincos' and
RUNSHARED=  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/Python/src
which prevents the fakechroot environment from breaking

I've also commented out the initpwd references in config.c...as
Android doesn't do passwords per se.

Any help would be appreciated!