I must say that the lack of static types in Python is a pain in the neck
especially when I'm exploring new libraries.
Recently, I learned a new language called Dart which have optional typing and I
had a lot of fun with it. Basically, you use type annotations as documentation
and to give useful information to the IDE or editor. That makes the IDE look
*very* smart!
I'm using PyCharm and more often than not I want to see the list of methods and
attributes of an object, but the editor won't show them to me because it
doesn't know the dynamic type of the variable whose value was just returned by
a function.
That's irritating!
Am I the only one who'd like to see optional types introduced in Python?