On 2014-11-06 04:05, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Wednesday 05 November 2014 21:52:42 Mark Lawrence did opine
And Gene did reply:
<larry.mart...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I'm on a lot of lists and lately I've seen a lot of 'I'm not
>>> a programmer, but I want to write code and I need someone to tell
>>> me how." Gets to you after a while.
>>
>> Too true. Those same people are unlikely to go to a gathering of
>> civil engineers and say "I'm no expert, but I want to build a
>> bridge and I need someone to tell me how", yet somehow it's
>> expected to be possible with software.
>>
>> ChrisA
>
> Or I'm no expert but I need someone to show me how; build me one
>
>   here in my front yard.

Against a requirements specification that changes on a daily basis, I
want it delivered yesterday and no you can't have any more resources to
help out, so don't ask :)
With, or without a toll booth and operator?

Both, make it configurable. In fact, make the length configurable too,
in case I want to use it across another river.