On 11/12/2014 06:37 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com> wrote:
So the semantics should be: If NameError would be raised (not
including UnboundLocalError, which still represents an error), attempt
to import the absent name. If successful, continue as if it had
already been done. If ImportError is raised, suppress it and let the
original NameError happen.

No bites? I'd have thought there'd be a few crazy ideas thrown out in
answer to this.

What if it's worded as a feature for interactive Python? Save you the
trouble of explicitly importing modules, by auto-importing them in
response to usage. In theory, it's as simple as adding __missing__ to
globals(), but I don't know of a way to do that for the main module.

You might check out https://docs.python.org/3/library/sys.html#sys.excepthook

--
~Ethan~