On 2015-01-22 20:23, Rick Johnson wrote:
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 4:32:04 AM UTC-6, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
Rick,

> Python is the only thing that is pure in the programming
> world. The only language that offers the cleanest and
> most intuit-able syntax, AND YOU"RE JUST GOING TO THROW
> IT ALL AWAY [...] ?

Nonsense. You are just used to it. I can read C with the
same feeling of intuitiveness as you do Python. There's
nothing inherently more intuitive about python and I just
wished that meme died already. Besides it's all in the eye
of the beholder.

And is *YOUR* eye the only eye in this universe? A concert
pianist could say the same about a piece of music that only
a handful of people in the world could play!

     YOU'RE IGNORING WHAT PYTHON WAS, AND IS MEANT TO BE!

Python was not created to be some esoteric language that
sadistic professors could drop on students heads like a
grand piano from a third story window, *NO*, python was
meant to be a gateway to intuitive programming bliss.

Python was meant to be the "lingua franca" of the
Programming world. The idea was to cut out the noisy syn
taxes that plagued other language and thereby allow the
programmer to focus on solving problems and writing
algorithms.

If you want to know why Python was created, ask its creator:

"""My original motivation for creating Python was the perceived need
for a higher level language in the Amoeba project. I realized that the
development of system administration utilities in C was taking too
long. ... So there was a need for a language that would "bridge the gap
between C and the shell." For a long time, this was Python’s main
catchphrase."""

http://python-history.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/personal-history-part-1-cwi.html