On 23/01/2015 19:46, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 6:02 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's not deprecated, and never will be;

Chris, what do you call a statement that is based on an
un-provable premise? Oh and, GvR told me to tell you that he
wants his time machine back, and if it has even one dent
you're going to be in some serious trouble!

Statements from the BDFL committing to maintaining it *at least* until
Python 4000, with clear indication that it is most definitely not
deprecated. Or, looking at it another way: If you want to disagree
with me, find a statement in current, official documentation that says
that it's deprecated.

ChrisA

This http://bugs.python.org/issue14123 seems relevant.

what you can do for our language.