On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 7:23:34 AM UTC-6, Fetchinson . wrote:
> I really like the idea that in python I don't have lots of
> choices in many areas, certain things are dictated. The
> big advantage is that when I read other people's code I
> know what to expect so me being restricted is a small
> price to pay that is totally worth it. So I'd come down on
> the side of the complainers in this case,

"the complainers"??? O:-)

Intentional or not, your word choice paints a negative
connotation of the "opposition". We are not "complainers",
we merely hold a contradictory view to that of the
"proposers".

Injecting polarity into debates is dangerous, because, then
we get off into the emotional weeds and a solution may never
be found -- just observe the polarization of American
politics if you don't believe me --> *PUKE*

Rational people understand that both sides of any argument
deserve objective consideration, and when a unanimous
solution cannot be found, a compromise must be made on both
sides.

    Even if that means cutting the baby in half.

Sorry to pick on you. Everything else you said was very
rational and articulate!