On 24/01/2015 01:15, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Sturla Molden <sturla.mol...@gmail.com> wrote:
But without a thriving community, Python has no value to me.

If we add type hinting, then that community will go away, because other
languages are better options.

Who will win? Julia? Ruby? They are all waiting in line for Python to fail.
Then Python will be like Smalltalk.

The Python community that was already killed by Python 3.0? Funny, it
seems to be a bit more resilient than the naysayers would have us
believe.

ChrisA

That's unfair as there was a distinct fall back position, what with Python 2.8 and RickedPython(3). Is anybody aware of just how far advanced these projects are?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence