On 26/01/2015 00:32, Ben Finney wrote:
Johannes Bauer <dfnsonfsdu...@gmx.de> writes:

So, I would like to ask if you have a Pythonic approach to
backtracking problems? If so, I'd love to hear your solutions!

I'm not aware of what the problem is. “Back-tracking” doesn't have a
general meaning I recognise beyond random access into a data structure.
So a Python list is the obvious starting point.

Do you have a specific meaning of “back-tracking” that implies
particular problems that are difficult to solve?

As good a definition here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backtracking as any. As elsewhere in this thread it mentions sudoku. To me this http://norvig.com/sudoku.html is a classic example of putting theory into practice. Read and weep :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence