On 2/9/15 2:24 PM, Ned Batchelder wrote:
On 2/9/15 2:14 PM, Charles Hixson wrote:
I'm trying to write a correct iteration over a doubly indexed container,
and what I've got so far is:    def __next__ (self):
         for row    in    range(self._rows):
             for col in range(self._cols):
                 if self._grid[row][col]:
                     yield    self._grid[row][col]
                 #end    if
             #end    for col
         #end    for row
         raise    StopIteration

What bothers me is that it doesn't look like it would continue to raise
StopIteration if it were called again, which is what
https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#iterator.__next__ says
is correct.  How should this be fixed?

You are using yield, which means __next__ is a generator.  As such, you
don't have to explicitly raise StopIteration at all.  Just remove that
statement, and you should be fine.

Also, look into how you are posting, the code is nearly mangled. :(

Oops, __next__ isn't right here, it should be __iter__:

    def __iter__(self):
        for row in range(self._rows):
            for col in range(self._cols):
                if self._grid[row][col]: