On 13/03/2015 11:58, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 9:16 PM, Alan Hicks <ahi...@p-o.co.uk> wrote:
With defending reputations as important as receiving email I'm pleased to
announce another beta of django-dmarc 0.1.3 is released to PyPI.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-dmarc

The Django DMARC project aims to help with implementing DMARC "Domain-based
Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance" and ongoing monitoring by
importing feedback reports about messages that pass and/or fail DMARC
evaluation into a more easily digested format.

Welcome to irony. Your message got dropped into my Gmail spam box
because DMARC is incompatible with mailing lists.

Until that can be resolved, I don't want to deploy either end of DMARC
for any of my domains or mail servers.

ChrisA

I take your point, though when defending a reputation, dmarc along with spf and dkim are tools that can help. Gmail are in the process of implementing dmarc, try dig _dmarc.gmail.com txt for their current policy. My company along with many others has previously been impersonated by asian spam (Korean I think). With a few clients that deal internationally including asia it's important to be pro-active and address spam both for my company and as a good netizen reduce the effect on others as well - we all win. It's work in progress hence django-dmarc.

Alan