On 05/09/2015 05:04 PM, vjp2...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
Thanks.. I suspected it wasn't meant to be taken as in the file

THe one thing I'm not sure if Jython is suppsosedto keep running
after the initisl stuff is loaded in..

To put the question in purely DOS terms if you run a program can you pipe it
some commands and then keep it running to take the remaining commands from
the console?

That's not a built-in feature of cmd.exe. However, it wouldn't be hard to write a data source (funny.exe) that took data from a file, and then from stdin, sending both in progression to stdout. Then you'd run the two programs as:

funny.exe infile.txt | newprog.exe

--
DaveA