On 11/05/2015 07:15, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Monday 11 May 2015 11:46, zipher wrote:

By having methods like len() in your built-in namespace when it's really
only relevant to objects that are types of containers, you blur one
primary component of OOP:  encapsulation.

Gosh, one would almost think that Python's concept of OOP wasn't pure enough
for you.

You should talk to that other guy who says that Python is too pure, his name
is Mark Rosenblitt-Janssen. I'm sure you two would have a lot to talk about.

Ah, the penny has finally dropped. I recall years ago somebody pointing out his website. It had clearly been put together after the narcotics from several bulk carriers had been consumed.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence