On 12.05.2015 15:05, Cristiano Cortezia wrote:
> On Monday, May 11, 2015 at 8:59:22 AM UTC-3, eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>>
>> ANNOUNCING
>>
>>                  eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime
>>
>>                             Version 2.1.0
>>

>>          An easy-to-use single file relocatable Python run-time -
>>            available for Linux, Mac OS X and Unix platforms,
>>                  with support for Python 2.6, 2.7 and
>>                        **also for Python 3.4**.
>
> Really interesting.
>
> Should we consider this to be an improvement towards the slow startup problem
> ?
>
> It seems to have really decreased the number of failed attempt to open files
> (ENOENT's appearing with strace upon startup) due to the interpreter default
> behavior for module loading on startup. (with a simple hello world I got 72
> ENOENT's against 307 from default python installation on my standard ubuntu
> machine).
>
> This problem mainly shows up when slow access storages are used (say
> raspberry + sdcard). Any chances you can provide this tool as prebuilt arm
> binaries ?
>
> My assumptions may be all wrong, but anyway thanks for sharing your work. :)

We have been providing binaries for Raspberry Pis for quite
some time, but without official support, so they are not listed
on the product page.

If you run install-pyrun on a Raspi, this should install PyRun
for you. I'm not sure whether it'll work on the new Raspi 2.
We'll probably add one to our build farm in a few weeks.

These are the direct download links if you want to give it
a try:

https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs2-linux-armv6l.tgz
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs2-linux-armv6l.tgz.asc
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs2-linux-armv6l.tgz.md5
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs2-linux-armv6l.tgz.sha1
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz.asc
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz.md5
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py2.7_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz.sha1
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py3.4_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py3.4_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz.asc
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py3.4_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz.md5
https://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-pyrun-2.1.0-py3.4_ucs4-linux-armv6l.tgz.sha1

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 13 2015)
>>> mxODBC Plone/Zope Database Adapter ...       http://zope.egenix.com/
2015-05-13: Released mxODBC Connect 2.1.3 ...     http://egenix.com/go75
2015-05-11: Released eGenix PyRun 2.1.0 ...       http://egenix.com/go74
2015-05-25: PyWaw Summit 2015, Warsaw, Poland ...          12 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/