Greetings,

Noobie question regarding a single line of code that transforms a URL slug ("this-is-a-slug") into a title ("This Is A Slug").

title = slug.replace('-',' ').title()

This line also works if I switched the dot operators around.

title = slug.title().replace('-',' ')

I'm reading the first example as character replacement first and title capitalization second, and the second example as title capitalization first and character replacement second.

Does python perform the dot operators from left to right or according to a rule of order (i.e., multiplication/division before add/subtract)?

Thank you,

Chris Reimer