On 05/31/2015 09:46 PM, fl wrote:
Hi,

When I search solution of reverse a string/number, I came across a short
function online:

def palindrome(num):
        return str(num) == str(num)[::-1]

I thought that it is a general function. And with the following variable:

'1234_5555'

parlindrome(a)

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<pyshell#126>", line 1, in <module>
     parlindrome(a)
NameError: name 'parlindrome' is not defined

Then, I find that parlindrome is a special checking mirrored word.
I use Python 2.7.9. Why does the error message show

name 'parlindrome' is not defined

Thanks,

Don't be embarrassed, everybody does this:  You're blind to your own typos...

You define palindrome() then call parlindrome() -- with an extra 'r'.

     -=- Larry -=-