On 03/06/2015 11:20, BartC wrote:

'genfield' is a field (attribute) that can't be resolved, but the
possibilities have been reduced to a small, finite set which  is
resolved at load-time (in Python, the attribute could be anything, and
you don't even know at runtime what it might be until you actually use
the attribute.)

(That's not right. What I call 'genfield' is also resolved at runtime at the point of use. But the possibilities are very small (often just two), and must be an attribute the compiler knew about. Python-like open-ended attribute names have a separate mechanism, although I haven't implemented it yet...)

--
Bartc