On 06/25/2015 05:09 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
On 26/06/2015 00:59, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:
My attempt at a lambda function fails:

filter(lambda p: (p in c for c in contacts), main)
# ['291.792.9001', '291.792.9000']

Besides using a lambda ;) , what have I done wrong?

This looks like a job for a list comprehension!

(Cue the swooping-in cape-wearing list comp, coming to save the day)

ChrisA

In exactly the same way that swooping-in cape-wearing Greg Ewing, from the home of 10 man
rugby, had to point out to Ethan some years back what "booted into touch"
meant? :)

I've also seen Ethan refer to bowlers today, I just hope he's very careful and
doesn't get caught on the back foot.  Next question from Ethan is?

Uh, "caught on the back foot"?  I thought I was okay as long as I didn't slide
across the line or gutter the ball.  ;)

--
~Ethan~