On 07/05/2015 04:29 PM, Stefan Ram wrote:

   But why do we not have a common and well-known term for
   the counterpart, that something does not modify the state
   of the world, but that the state of the world does
   influence the value (behaviour) of a call such as
   »datetime.datetime.now().time()«?

   And this is the intention of my post: Maybe there is such
   a term, and I just missed to learn it so far? So,
   do you know a term for the phenomenon that can be found
   in Python but not in mathematics and consists in the state
   of the world influencing the value of an expressions?

Variables that are changed from an outside environment are "Volatile".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volatile_%28computer_programming%29

It isn't used in python, though I think maybe it should be.

Cheers,
   Ron