On 24/07/2015 11:53, Robin Becker wrote:
On 24/07/2015 11:38, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com>
wrote:
more searching I find this on the 3.5 b1 download page

"Windows users: The Windows binaries were built with Microsoft Visual
Studio
2015, which is not yet officially released. (It's currently offered in
"Preview" mode, which is akin to a "beta".) It is our intention to ship
Python 3.5 using VS2015, although right now VS2015's final release
date is
unclear."

That would be correct, if you're seeking to match the python.org
builds (eg if you're building an extension module). I've no idea what
the compiler requirements are if you simply want to build CPython from
source.

yes I build extensions for reportlab. Unfortunately, despite our MSDN
subscription to the Visual Studio stuff we have no access to the Visual
Studio Version 2015. Last one in my downloads is currently 2013. Pity.

I'm successfully building with Visual Studio Version 2015 Community Edition RC. It's a good job that modern drives have so much space as it takes up *EIGHT GIG* of space, so the download and install takes quite a time. I'm aware that Steve Dower is trying to get a much smaller install made available for those who just want to build from the command line.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence