On 30/07/2015 03:06, Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 29Jul2015 00:20, john <johnreysec...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have windows 8 running on my computer and I think I downloaded
python 2 and 3 simultaneously or I think my computer has built in
python 2 and I downloaded python 3. And now when I ran my code in
IDLE, the code works fine but when I save my program and double click
the save file, it will run but it doesn't worked like it used to work
in IDLE.

Can someone explain the possible problem I'm currently facing?

I just want my program to run perfectly in both IDLE and when I double
click the saved file.

I posted my question in stackoverflow but I didn't find an answer.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31692156/i-think-my-computer-has-built-in-python-2-and-i-installed-python-3

This sounds like what is known as a "file association" issue. Your
computer's desktop is perhaps associating .py files with the python2
executable. I do not use Windows, but I believe you can adjust these
associations.

With the advent of the Python Launcher for Windows things have changed. Here's my setup.

C:\Users\Mark\Documents\MyPython>assoc .py
.py=Python.File

C:\Users\Mark\Documents\MyPython>ftype Python.File
Python.File="C:\Windows\py.exe" "%L" %*

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence