On 03/08/2015 10:13, c.bu...@posteo.jp wrote:
I don't want to ask how to do this because there are so many
"solutions" about it.
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/384076/how-can-i-color-python-logging-output>

There are so much different and part of unpythontic solutions I can not
decide myself. What do you (as real pythontics) think about that.
Which of the solutions fit to concepts of Python and its logging
package?

Coloring means here not only the message itself. The (levelname) should
be included in the coloring.
For myself coloring the (levelname) would be enough to avoid to much
color in the output.

1.
The solution itself shouldn't care about plattform differences because
there are still some packages which are able to offer
plattform-independent console-coloring. Which would you prefere? ;)

2.
Some solutions derive from StreamHandler or much more bad hacking the
emit() function. I think both of them are not responsible for how the
output should look or be presented.

3.
How to present the output is IMO the responsibility of a Formater, isn't
it? So I should derive from the Formater.

What do you as Pythonics think of that? ;)

I'd go for this https://pypi.python.org/pypi/colorlog as recommended on a couple of answers on the stackoverflow thread you've referenced.

A slight aside, we're "Pythonistas", not "pythontics" or "Pythonics " :)

<take cover>
Should we subclass Pythonista into Pythonista2 and Pythonista3 so that people can show their preferred version?
</take cover>

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence