On 8/5/2015 9:06 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
There have been discussions, such as today on Idle-sig , about who uses
Idle and who we should design it for.  If you use Idle in any way, or
know of or teach classes using Idle, please answer as many of the
questions below as you are willing, and as are appropriate

Private answers are welcome. They will be deleted as soon as they are
tallied (without names).

I realized that this list is a biased sample of the universe of people
who have studied Python at least, say, a month.  But biased data should
be better than my current vague impressions.

0. Classes where Idle is used:
Where?
Level?

N/A
Idle users:

1. Are you
grade school (1=12)?
undergraduate (Freshman-Senior)?
post-graduate (from whatever)?

New freshman (starting college this fall)
2. Are you
beginner (1st class, maybe 2nd depending on intensity of first)?
post-beginner?

Post-beginner (I'd call myself intermediate, but not expert)
3. With respect to programming, are you
amateur (unpaid)
professional (paid for programming)

Amateur and programming just for convenience and fun (like Sibylle)

PS: I actually don't use Idle very often, except to solve Project Euler problems because it works well for that. Most of the time I use PyDev and Notepad++ to edit Python code, but if more features were added to Idle I would consider using it more.