random...@fastmail.us wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 13:59, Laurent Pointal wrote:
>> > Level?
>>
>> Graduate (post-Bac in france)
>
> Yours or your students?

My students.

>> > 1. Are you
>> > grade school (1=12)?
>>
>> (sorry, I dont know correspondance in france)
>
> Grade 12 refers to 17-18 year old students, each grade is one year.

Ok, students are at grade 12 (some at 13 after a failure in another cursus).

>> > undergraduate (Freshman-Senior)?
>> > post-graduate (from whatever)?
>>
>> I'm senior developer.
>
> Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior conventionally refer to each of
> the years of a conventional four-year bachelor's degree at a university
> (Also to grades 9-12 in high school, but in context that seems not to be
> what's meant here).

Oups, students are mainly beginners (but some algorithmic is being
introduced in their previous pre-bachelor schools years, so we may see more
experienced students).

The choice of IDLE is related to its standard installation with Python (at
least on Windows, and easily available on Linux / MacOSX).
But, would appreciate some enhancements as seen in discussions (ex. typical
example is line numbering).

A+
Laurent.