On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 5:16 AM, shiva upreti <katewinslet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to linux. I tried various things in attempt to install kivy. I
> installed python 2.7.10 (I think python3 was already installed in ubuntu
> 14.04). Then i downloaded kivy from
> https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/K/Kivy/Kivy-1.9.0.tar.gz, extracted
> it and tried to execute "python setup.py" inside the kivy folder.

As Laura said, the preferred way to install under Ubuntu would be to
use apt-get. But if you want to install directly from PyPI, the best
way is to use pip. Those are two package managers, which remove from
you the hassle of hunting down all the different dependencies, like
Cython. Try apt-get first, and if that doesn't do what you're looking
for, use pip (maybe inside a virtualenv). It'll chug for a while and
then give you what you need.

ChrisA