On 11/09/2015 06:15, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
Chris Angelico <ros...@gmail.com>:

Personally, I like to use tab characters for indentation. You can
choose how many pixels or ems or ens or spaces the actual visual shift
is, and if I disagree with your choice, it won't affect anything. As
long as tabs are used _exclusively_, Python won't be bothered by it
either.

Your preferred, novel usage of TABs, which runs counter to the age-old
programming convention, has won enough supporters to make TABs unusable.

No harm done. TABs have been banished. They were a bad idea in the first
place.

Marko

TABs might have been banished from some places, but certainly not Python. Of course you have to be careful or you run into problems with this:-

TabError - Raised when indentation contains an inconsistent use of tabs and spaces.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/exceptions.html#TabError

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence