On 12/09/2015 05:11, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
On 12-09-2015 03:35, Mark Lawrence wrote:

Ada took over from CORAL in the UK, at least in military projects.  It
was also used in the aircraft industry. My old work mates tell me that
its completely died a death, to be replaced by C++.  Someone please
remind me never to fly again.

Alright. But then someone should probably have reminded you that a long
time ago.

Maybe you missed it when an Ada integer overflow bug produced one of the
most expensive software bugs in history by crashing the Ariane 501
rocket and its 4 cluster sattelites payload.

But sure. Don't let that get in your way of thinking there are safe
languages.

Nothing to do with this being untested software then? Actually it was so I'd put that down to a programmer error. "The code always worked before so it's bound to work this time". Such a pity that this particular launch wasn't the same as anything done previously.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence