Folks;

coming from a server-sided Java background, I'm recently exploring frameworks
such as cherrypy or webpy for building RESTful services, which is quite a
breeze and a pretty pleasant experience; however one thing so far bugs me:
Using Java tooling and libraries such as DropWizard, it is pretty
straightforward to build an "all-inclusive" application containing (a) all code
of my own, (b) all required dependencies, (c) all other resources and, if
required, even (d) a Java virtual machine in one large .zip file which can
easily be copied to a clean Linux VM, unzipped and started there.

Are there ways of doing so using Python, too? I'd like to set up a project
structure / working environment that includes all Python 3rd party libraries,
my own code and maybe even a "standard" Python runtime for 64bit Linux systems
(to not depend too much on what version a certain Linux distribution actually
ships) and focus on doing deployment to various machines at best by simply
copying these packages around.

Any pointers, ideas, inspirations on that greatly appreciated - even in total
different ways if what I am about to do is completely off anyone would do it in
a Python environment. ;)

TIA and all the best,
Kristian