On 26/10/2015 22:29, Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 26Oct2015 12:33, Robin Becker <ro...@reportlab.com> wrote:
$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:.......4 GB)
         Interrupt:16

eth0:0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWa.......

Do you need to bind to the device itself? Using the correct IP address should
normally be sufficient. The system you're talking to won't know anything about
the device, only the address. Try skipping the device binding step.

According to the stackoverflow articles here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/335607/how-do-i-make-an-outgoing-socket-to-a-specific-network-interface

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8437726/can-python-select-what-network-adapter-when-opening-a-socket

binding to the local IP seems to be a windows only thing. I have tried just binding to the local IP, but my packets were from the default address (the one connected to eth0). After reading the 8437726 article again I think I may be on the wrong track anyway.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au>

--
Robin Becker