On 11/11/2015 3:01 PM, Kaif Mahmood wrote:
I downloaded the recent version of Python and after it downloaded I tried IDLE.
But when I tried to load it, it didn’t load and just acted as if nothing
happened. All of the other features work fine, it’s just IDLE not working. I
tried different versions but I encounter the same problem. The only way I
managed to load it was by right clicking on previous files and clicking edit
with IDLE; IDLE loaded but when I clicked run, it just froze and closed. Please
help.

At a command line enter 'python -m idlelib' or 'python3 ...' on *nix. You should see some error message.

--
Terry Jan Reedy